Network engineer with 10+ years of experience in routing, switching, Load balancing technologies, system design, implementation and troubleshooting of network systems.
- • Career technologist with over a decade of experience in both government and private sector industries.
- • Cisco Certified Network Associate
- • Experience supporting large networks spanning both nationwide and worldwide coverage.
- • Extensive knowledge of Cisco (IOS, XE, XR, and NX-OS), Juniper (Junos, Pulse), Brocade, Dell routers and switches as well as ASA, PIX, Juniper SRX, SSG, ISG and NetScreen, Check Point Firewalls and F5 Load Balancers.
- • Strong analysis skills: troubleshooting and resolving WAN/LAN routing and switching issues, including problems with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP protocols.
- • Adept in troubleshooting and resolving network problems on ATM, Sonet OC3-OC48, T3, T1, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ISDN, and Persistent Dial platforms.
- • Skilled at configuring NAT/PAT, Route-maps, Policy-maps, Class-maps, Prefix-Lists, Access Lists, VPN's and Dynamic VPN, Firewall Policy.
- • Proficient in assembling and troubleshooting router, switch and firewall hardware and software.
- • Experience with Load Balancers for administrating and monitoring global & local traffic.
- • Experience working with multi-vendor load balancers like F5 and Citrix Netscaler.
- • Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementation, testing and optimization of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, ability to interpret and resolve complex routing table issues.
- • Expertise in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Content Load Balancing.
- • Experience in the setup of Access-Lists, RIP, EIGRP and tunnel installations.
- • Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on various Cisco Routers and Switches.
- • Experience in trouble-shooting both connectivity issues and hardware problems on Cisco based networks.
- • Expert in design, configuration and deployment of F5 Solutions with extensive experience working with APM and ASM technologies.
- • Excellent working knowledge of, and proficiency in, F5 ADC and industry standard security technologies and products: Firewalls, WAFs, IDS/IPS, SIEM.
- • Experience in setting up and managing web access management policies for the web applications.
- • Extensive experience working with F5 APM sessions and manipulating session using iRule and also configuring Access Policy Actions and branch rules.
- • Identify timeline on how to accomplish all the functionality ASM can provide.
- • Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and IDS LDAP on UNIX environments.
- • Handling all aspects of Installation, Configuration, Load Balancing, Clustering, Performance Tuning and Maintenance of WebSphere Server versions 6.x, 7.x, 8.x.
- • Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in domain and clustered environments.
- • Achieved Workload Management and Failover by Creating and Configuring Clusters and Cluster members for Load Balancing and High availability.
- • Proficient in configuring VLAN's, Inter VLAN routing, Port Security and Ether Channel, HSRP.
- • Password recovery, upgrading of IOS of Cisco devices.
- • Implemented network address translation (NAT/PAT).
- • Configuration of various Cisco & Linksys wireless access-points.
- • Proficient in configuring Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) Policy based routing.
- • Experienced with technologies & protocols like VLAN, STP, RSTP, VTP, port security.
- • Excellent leadership qualities with decent written and oral communication skills.
- • Great team player with an ability to work under pressure on a 24x7 duty rotation.